Please join the Seaton village Residents’ Association (SVRA) and guests from the City of Toronto Parks Department and DOLA – Dogs Off Leash Areas – to begin discussions regarding Vermont Square Parks’ central field, its uses (including off-leash dog park and playing field) and current condition.
- Park Standards and Innovations Unit: Program Standards & Development Office (Dog Off-Leash) Nancy Aranha and Project Coordinator – Landscape Architect, Tara Coley
- Operations: Brian Green, Park Supervisor for Wards 19 and 20
- Construction Management and Capital Projects, Sr Project Coordinator, Bob Duguid
- Colin Burns, Constituency Assistance for Ward 20 Councillor Joe Cressy
Date: Thursday, March 15 2018
Time: Part 1.) 6:30pm – 7:30pm (DOLA + field discussion) + Part 2.) 7:30 – 8:00 other agenda items
Place: Vermont Square Park – main stage in central field + St Albans Boys and Girls Club: 843 Palmerston Ave, Toronto, ON M6G 2R8
Meeting format: We will gather at 6:30pm at the stage in the park to view existing conditions and begin discussions. Just before 7:00pm, we will relocate the meeting to the AV room St Albans Boys and Girls Club (because it’ll be getting a bit dark and probably pretty chilly!!!)
- Please see this site to learn more about the Vermont Square Park, including the Dennis Lee playground, renewal process that was completed in 2015
- DOLA : what is DOLA? Establish VSP DOLA committee
- The Issues: use, safety, playground access, field conditions
- Functionality: current function + means to enhance functionality
- East boundary barrier feature
- Other business
The AV room is not very large and can only accommodate up to 35 people “comfortably.” We apologize in advance for any inconvenience. Meeting notes will be available on this website + subsequent meeting(s) will be scheduled.
The AV room is on the second floor of St Albans. It is about mid-way down and the room entrance is to the right off the hallway (next to the washrooms.)
IF it is too cold outside, we will move into St Albans sooner. So, if we aren’t in the park, latecomers can join the meeting in the AV room.
We really look forward to the discussions to improve the park and continue to build relationships and community with all VSP users. We realize there exists contention with some of the uses. The SVRA hopes for a cordial and productive meeting. Thanks!
***Comments and or questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org