Please join the SVRA and Palmerston School Council to discuss school zone and area traffic and safety with the SVRA, members of the school’s Admin and school council, 14 Division and Colin Burns from Councillor Cressy’s office
When: Wednesday, January 18th
Time: Open House: 6:00 – 6:30 Meeting 6:30 – 8:30pm
Location: Palmerston Ave Jr Public School, 734 Palmerston Ave – in the school library
- Brief description of purpose of meeting = 20 minutes
- Transportation & Traffic Safety (TTS) Committee organization = 10 minutes
- Break out focus group sessions = 30 minutes
- Identify 4 or 5 major priorities to present to Transportation Services = 20 minutes
- TTS Committee next steps = 10 minutes
- Dupont and Palmerston Crossing = 30 minutes from 8:15 – 8:45pm – discuss options for the crossing and to try and settle on one option.
PLEASE NOTE: we will not be discussing the Bloor St Bike lane project and the alleged impacts on Barton Ave traffic and neighbourhood parking at this meeting. Given the pilot has several months of information gathering and review to go and there exists means to input information about the lanes/impacts, it is believed further discussion is premature and there are MANY other significant neighbourhood issues and concerns to be considered.
To learn more about the pilot project, participate in the City’s online survey, obtain contact information for project lead, Jason Diceman, please visit the City’s dedicated Bloor St Bike lane project page
- December 7, 2016 – SVRA + Palmerston School Meeting with 14 Division Meeting brief
- Barton Ave Traffic and Safety Walkabout and Meeting October 21st
- Traffic and Safety Minutes Oct 10 SVRA Meeting
SVRA Website Traffic page – most complete history: https://seatonvillage.ca/traffic-safety/
Child care will be available. Please RSVP the SVRA to indicate how many children require care
Pizza and veggies will be available for the kids in care – please indicate any food sensitivities or allergies in advance!
Hope to see you there!
NOTE: Here are the meeting SVRA and PSC School Zone and Area Traffic_Transportation_Safety Meeting January 18_2017 for the SVRA + Palmerston School Traffic and Safety Meeting