Where: St Albans Boys’ and Girls Club.
Time: 6:30 – 8:30pm
Room: AV Room (upstairs next to the washroom)
Babysitting and pizza will be provided!
Please let us know if need childcare and would like pizza (cheese, pepperoni or veggie) ’cause you’d rather come to the meeting than be making yet another meal!
Please feel free to let us know if there is something you’d like added to the Agenda!
I. Traffic and Safety
- Update: Barton St Staggered parking
- Identifying the problems: see list of concerns + addional
- Exploring solutions: painting intersections, Turtle power!, home-made signs, improving traffic signs
- Re-claiming and animating lane ways: Laneway 5k! and other ideas
Municipal Transportation staff, Arshad Nazir, and and an officer from 14 Division’s Community Response Traffic unit will be at the meeting.
Many thanks to Councillor Vaughan’s staff and to Sgt Catherine White (14 Division Community Response Traffic Unit) for their assistance and support!
- Speed, temperature of traffic throughout neighbourhood – along streets, turning around corners, shooting out of parking lots, laneways, or making a run for main streets (Bloor, Dupont, Bathurst and Christie)
- rolling or no stopping at intersections: bikes and cars. Palmerston and Barton are particularly bad
- wrong way driving: bikes and cars – can apply to lanes in some instances
- Poor/misplaced or un-obvious signs. Obstructed signs. SIZE of signs and locations
- Illegal parking (not permit-parking related)
- turnabouts in intersections of streets to change direction
- Challenges with intersection at Bathurst/Wells and Olive Ave
- suspicious activity in some laneways
- Uhaul drivers driving dangerously through the neighbourhood
- specific concerns around Palmerston School, Vermont Park (Bill Bolton and St Albans)
II. Seaton Village Lane Naming Project
III. Park Renewal: Electrical is supposed to start tomorrow. Mulch removal next week, along with final grading and sod
IV. Planning Updates: Bathurst St Study/ 4 Corners/255 Christie St/ Site of Former Childrens’ Storefront/ Metro Development/ICBL and RioCan’s appeal – what you can do!
V. Other Business
V. Other Business