To respond to the queries around the choice of venue (Gym at Bob Abate Community Centre on Montrose) for the upcoming park renewal meeting on Monday December 6th:
- This is a City of Toronto meeting. As such, the venue MUST be fully accessible.
- The Palmerston Gym is fully permitted out and we were not successful in convincing permit holders that our need was greater than theirs – even with compensation included. Such is the love of sport!
- we could not secure another location within Seaton Village. Really.
- Those in attendance at the previous open house in November suggested a presentation style meeting instead of an open house Monday. Given the number of area residents who came to the open house in November, we did not consider the Palmerston School library to be large enough to accomodate everyone.
- Bob Abate is only a few blocks from Seaton Village whose perimetre extends to Bloor and Christie. It is only fair to those that live in the south west corner of the hood that we bring the meeting closer to them…no?
We look forward to seeing you all out on Monday December 6th 6:30 – 8:30
Holiday mixer at Mayday Malones on Bathust just south of Dupont following! First round courtesy of the SVRA. Hope to see you there.
Jennifer Hunter (Chair, SVRA)