We would like to call attention to the recent creation of an umbrella group created by Friends of Christie Pits Park and CORA – Christie Ossington Residents’ Association, in to what will now called ” Christie Pits Residents’ Association.”
Congratulations go to Dawn Vrablic and Monica Gupta on the amazing collaboration. We at the SVRA look forward to many wonderful opportunities to partner in the future.
Please read below for a message from Dawn regarding these changes:
My name is Dawn Vrablic and I’m the new Chair of CORA. As you know, Angela has done an outstanding job and I intend to continue that work, particularly in places like the Irene Avenue Parkette. And don’t worry – Angela will stay with us as Chair of our Safety Committee.
At our meeting last night we discussed the future of CORA. It was a lively discussion and we covered a lot of ground. I will forward minutes soon, but I wanted to share some points here (in case you find reading minutes as tedious as I do).
– a membership drive will begin in the new year to let all our neighbours know we’re here and they are welcome to join
– a small website will be created to include our goals and general information about the group
– CORA will be renamed the Christie Pits Residents’ Association and our website will be at www.christiepits.ca, along with the Friends of Christie Pits Park. The reasons for this name change are both practical (cora.com, cora.ca and all other logical variations are not available) as well as symbolic. This neighbourhood is known throughout the city as Christie Pits. We decided last night to fully embrace it.
– Our new Google Group will be The Christie Pits Residents’ Association http://groups.google.com/group/christie-pits-residents-association Those on the existing CORA list will be automatically added soon, all other residents are welcome to join.
– The Christie Pits Community Association will be an umbrella organisation enabling the friends of the park and the residents’ association to work more closely together. We will invite other area groups to join – giving us a unified and stronger voice on issues that affect us all.
I feel this is the beginning of an exciting new chapter in the group’s history. CORA is a great group and a great base on which to build. Please feel free to contact me with your feedback, questions or suggestions. I’d love to hear what you want from your residents’ association!
All the best,
Christie Pits Residents’ Association (formerly CORA)