The Seaton Village Residents’ Association is looking for energized residents of Seaton Village, Toronto to join the Vermont Square Park Renewal Committee.
The Renewal Committee is responsible for developing a plan for the redevelopment of Vermont Square Park, working with the City. As you may know, funding has been allotted for the park in 2011-12. We want to make sure we have consulted our neighbours, reviewed equipment, identified priorities and come up with creative solutions.
That is where you come in!
The following volunteer positions are available:
- Community Development Lead
- Communications Lead
- Youth Representatives (2 – one under 16, the other under 18)
- Fundraising Lead
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- be a resident of Seaton Village who is eager to see Vermont Square Park improved
- have demonstrated experience in one of the above-noted areas (community building, communications and/or fundraising) for non-youth members
- be able to volunteer up to two hours each week / ten hours each month in the design and development of the park, currently slated for 2010 to 2012.
- be prepared to talk and listen to your neighbours’ ideas about the project.
If you are keen to be a voice of improvement in your community and its park, please email us and let us know how you would like to help.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 4, 2009