Sexual Assault Alert, Man Wanted
The Toronto Police Service is alerting the public to a sexual assault.
It is reported that:
- on Saturday, August 29, 2009, at 4 a.m., a 25-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in the Bloor Street/Bathurst Street area,
- a man, naked from the waist down, except for footwear, hid behind bushes in a residential neighbourhood,
- the man grabbed the woman from behind and sexually assaulted her.
The suspect is described as white, 45-55, 5’7″-5’9″, heavy build, with a round face. He was last seen wearing a dark baseball cap, a dark, nylon shell jacket and a light-coloured shirt, hanging below the jacket. The suspect’s shoes were described as light-coloured sneakers. The suspect was carrying a pair of khaki shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at http://www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).
Constable Tony Vella, Public Information, for Detective Constable Martin Warnock, Sex Crimes Unit
Good news from Councillor Vaughan’s office with regards to the Vermont Square Splash Pad hours:
“… the wading pool at Vermont Square will be open for business on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 5:00 for the remainder of the summer!”
This is particularly good news for families of our neighbourhood and surrounding communities as the summer weather appears to be finally upon us.
Many thanks to Dale Duncan, Constituency Assistant to City Councillor Adam Vaughan for her quick response and commitment to fixing the splash pad hours.
The Seaton Village Residents’ Association is looking for energized residents of Seaton Village, Toronto to join the Vermont Square Park Renewal Committee.
We Need You!
The Renewal Committee is responsible for developing a plan for the redevelopment of Vermont Square Park, working with the City. As you may know, funding has been allotted for the park in 2011-12. We want to make sure we have consulted our neighbours, reviewed equipment, identified priorities and come up with creative solutions.
That is where you come in!
The following volunteer positions are available:
- Community Development Lead
- Communications Lead
- Youth Representatives (2 – one under 16, the other under 18)
- Fundraising Lead
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- be a resident of Seaton Village who is eager to see Vermont Square Park improved
- have demonstrated experience in one of the above-noted areas (community building, communications and/or fundraising) for non-youth members
- be able to volunteer up to two hours each week / ten hours each month in the design and development of the park, currently slated for 2010 to 2012.
- be prepared to talk and listen to your neighbours’ ideas about the project.
If you are keen to be a voice of improvement in your community and its park, please email us and let us know how you would like to help.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 4, 2009
Filed under Parks, Planning