SVRA Minutes – April 08 2009
Chris Scott-Dixon (Acting-Vice President), Joan Mccallum (Treasurer), Leslie Endes (Chair- Planning Cttee), Monica Gupta (visiting Chair of ‘Friends of Christie Pits’), Dale Duncan (Councillor Vaughan’s Office), Avrum Regenstreif, Luke Wintjes, Theo Ono
Minutes of March 11th, 2009 – approved.
Monica Gupta made an informal presentation outlining the activities and successes of the recently formed ‘Friends of Christie Pits’. A desire to begin supporting each other’s organization was self-evident.
AGM: Date has been set for May 6th 2009 at Palmerston Public School. Dale Duncan will assist with audio/visual equipment. Someone will buy cookies and provide Tea/Coffee.
AGM proposed agenda:
- 7:00 pm – ongoing – arrival table staffed by SVRA volunteers to welcome guests, ask for e-mail sign up and donation/membership fee (form needed)
- 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm – meet and greet – Monica suggested wearing nametags with only street name showing as a way of breaking the ice and engendering conversation. – Tea and cookies 1
- 7:30 pm – 7:40 pm Suzanna / Rebecca / Chris / Joan – bring meeting to order – President’s and Treasurer’s report – welcome speakers
- 7:40 pm – 7:50 Adam Vaughan presentation of park funding
- 7:50 pm – 8:00 Avrum / Leslie presentation of ‘In Your Wildest Dreams’ –an upcoming planning charrette (community building exercise) – focused on engaging all stake holders of Vermont Square Park. (thank you Joan for the tagline!)
- 8:00 pm – 8:10 pm Uta presentation of ‘Grassroots in Action at Dufferin Grove Park’ (or the title of her choice)
- 8:10 pm – 8:30 pm – Community discussion re: Park revitalization and future of Seaton Village as a whole and the role of the SVRA within it.
- 8:30 pm – 8:45 pm – Elections
- 8:45 pm – 9:00 pm – Tea and cookies 2
SVRA Banner: A motion was passed to order a 3’ x 7’ exterior quality vinyl sign as per the design recently agreed upon. The design was provided by Chris – thanks for the excellent work with this and the website www.seatonvillage.ca
Planning Issues: Construction underway at the Korean Church site. A pair of semi’s plus 11 townhomes was approved. Foundation permits have been issued.