The agenda for the SVRA 2009 AGM, scheduled for Wednesday, May 6 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM has been finalized. Further information on the upcoming AGM can be found under the AGM tab of this website, or at seatonvillage.ca/agm.
2009 Seaton Village Residents’ Association Annual General Meeting agenda:
7:00 – 7:15 PM – Meet and greet mixer.
7:15 – 7:30 PM – Introduction of meeting by Chris Bolton. SVRA 2008 year in review. 2009 AGM overview and guest speaker introduction.
7:30 – 7:50 PM – Adam Vaughan – Overview of park funding, discussion of community building through park development.
7:50 – 8:10 PM – Jutta Mason – Historical overview of Dufferin Grove development and community building.
8:10 – 8:20 PM – Leslie Endes – SVRA overview of how Vermont Square design will proceed, next meeting date, request for volunteers.
8:20 – 8:45 PM – SVRA AGM agenda items:
- Parks Committee
- Playground Committee
- Planning Committee
- Dog Review
8:45 – 9:00 PM – Refreshments.
SVRA Minutes – April 08 2009
Chris Scott-Dixon (Acting-Vice President), Joan Mccallum (Treasurer), Leslie Endes (Chair- Planning Cttee), Monica Gupta (visiting Chair of ‘Friends of Christie Pits’), Dale Duncan (Councillor Vaughan’s Office), Avrum Regenstreif, Luke Wintjes, Theo Ono
Minutes of March 11th, 2009 – approved.
Monica Gupta made an informal presentation outlining the activities and successes of the recently formed ‘Friends of Christie Pits’. A desire to begin supporting each other’s organization was self-evident.
AGM: Date has been set for May 6th 2009 at Palmerston Public School. Dale Duncan will assist with audio/visual equipment. Someone will buy cookies and provide Tea/Coffee.
AGM proposed agenda:
- 7:00 pm – ongoing – arrival table staffed by SVRA volunteers to welcome guests, ask for e-mail sign up and donation/membership fee (form needed)
- 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm – meet and greet – Monica suggested wearing nametags with only street name showing as a way of breaking the ice and engendering conversation. – Tea and cookies 1
- 7:30 pm – 7:40 pm Suzanna / Rebecca / Chris / Joan – bring meeting to order – President’s and Treasurer’s report – welcome speakers
- 7:40 pm – 7:50 Adam Vaughan presentation of park funding
- 7:50 pm – 8:00 Avrum / Leslie presentation of ‘In Your Wildest Dreams’ –an upcoming planning charrette (community building exercise) – focused on engaging all stake holders of Vermont Square Park. (thank you Joan for the tagline!)
- 8:00 pm – 8:10 pm Uta presentation of ‘Grassroots in Action at Dufferin Grove Park’ (or the title of her choice)
- 8:10 pm – 8:30 pm – Community discussion re: Park revitalization and future of Seaton Village as a whole and the role of the SVRA within it.
- 8:30 pm – 8:45 pm – Elections
- 8:45 pm – 9:00 pm – Tea and cookies 2
SVRA Banner: A motion was passed to order a 3’ x 7’ exterior quality vinyl sign as per the design recently agreed upon. The design was provided by Chris – thanks for the excellent work with this and the website http://www.seatonvillage.ca
Planning Issues: Construction underway at the Korean Church site. A pair of semi’s plus 11 townhomes was approved. Foundation permits have been issued.
The April SVRA meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 8th at 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at St. Alban’s Boys and Girls Club, 843 Palmerston Avenue, Toronto. The agenda will focus on the upcoming Annual General Meeting (May 6th) as well as the May Garage Sale.
April SVRA Meeting Agenda:
1. Approval of minutes from March 11, 2009 meeting.
2. Approval of Agenda
3. AGM: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Palmerston Public School.
Speakers: Adam Vaughan (confirmed, 30 min), Jutta / Dufferin Grove (confirmed, 15 min?), Artscape representative (unconfirmed, 15 min?)
– AGM agenda to be developed (eg. Vermont Square funding / community building, membership drive, community events, webpage rollout, etc.)
– Poster / Flyer design, printing and distribution (who and when).
4. May Garage Sale / St. Alban’s bulb sale
Date: Saturday, May 18th or 25th (TBD)
– Volunteers, logistics.
5. Discussion of any further items identified by meeting participants (development news, membership, constitution amendments).
The monthly SVRA meetings are open to any resident of Seaton Village who is interested in their community or knowing more of the Association. We will also be seeking volunteers for both the Annual General Meeting and the Garage Sale for anyone who is keen to participate in either or both events.